Asparagus & Beef Over Egg Noodles
After a hectic weekend in San Francisco all I wanted was a simple, healthy meal. This is a perfect recipe you can still make even when life feels too chaotic to cook. It calls for a minimal number of ingredients and will take you less than 20 minutes to prepare but still yield the comforting flavors I crave. Hope you enjoy it too!
Serves 2-3 people as a main dish
- 3/4 pounds of thinly sliced beef (we used Filet Mignon from Uwajimaya), sliced into strips
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus diced
- 3 bunches of cooked egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1-2 tablespoons of shallot oil for cooking
- 2 tablespoons of shallot oil reserved for egg noodles
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, water and cornstarch into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Cook noodles and toss with 2-3 tablespoons of shallot oil to add flavor and keep them from sticking together. Set aside.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil into a large wok, cast iron, or non-stick pan on high heat.
- Once heated, add in sliced steak and toss quickly.
- Once steak begins to brown (about one minute), add in asparagus.
- Stir fry beef and asparagus together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in soy sauce-oyster mixture and bring down heat to medium. Stir ingredients until sauce turns clear and thickens. Pour over cooked egg noodles and serve immediately.