Sweet Potato (Japchae) Noodle Summer Salad
My love affair with sweet potato (japchae) Korean noodles started fairly recently. They are beautiful, forgiving in cook time, taste great served hot, warm or cold. This recipe is included in a gift basket we are donating to YWCA's Stella Steps Out charity bash's silent auction next week. Excited for that lucky, lucky winner.
- 1/3 cup Wei Kitchen Shallot Oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons Wei Kitchen Rice Vinaigrette
- 1 package of sweet potato (japchae) noodles cooked and cut
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup basil
- 1-2 teaspoons salt + pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds (garnish)
Combine all ingredients, mix well, and garnish with sesame seeds. Can be made up to one day ahead. Enjoy!