Fresh corn and shallot salad
Serves 2-4 people as a side dish
- 2 ears of fresh yellow corn
- 2 tablespoons of shallot crisps or shallot oil; plus 1 tablespoon shallot crisps reserved for garnish
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- juice of one lime
- Remove corn husks and place corn in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove corn and submerge in ice water until cooled to touch. Slice off corn kernels and discard cob.
- Combine corn kernels with all ingredients (except for 1 tablespoon of shallot crisps) and toss; can be combined up to one day ahead of serving.
- Garnish with final tablespoon of shallot crisps (if available) when serving.