Pork and Shrimp Vermicelli Bowl
A classic recipe that I would dream about on the road. Simple, fresh ingredients that pack an amazing amount of flavor.
Serves 4 people as a main dish.
- 1 package of vermicelli noodles
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 pound of pork chops
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 small head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 bunch of green onion
- 3 tablespoons shallot crisps (if available)
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 small cucumber shredded
- 1 carrot shredded
- 3-5 tablespoons of shallot oil
- 1/2 cup of amber vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pork:
- Take peeled garlic cloves and cut 2 cloves in half vertically. Stuff into pork tenderloin rounds by making small incisions in the middle of each round with a knife, then pushing half cloves into pork. Coat pork lightly with salt, pepper, and white sugar.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of shallot oil into a heated non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic stuff pork tenderloin rounds, and turn over once browned.
- Remove pork from heat and let rest/cool for 20 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, slice thinly and set aside.
- Prepare shrimp:
- Mince one clove of garlic.
- Heat one tablespoon of shallot oil in a pan on high heat.
- Add in garlic, and as soon as it begins to brown add in raw shrimp and saute until completely pink and curled up - about 2-3 minutes. Set aside
- Cook Vermicelli noodles according to instructions
- Prepare green onions -
- Dice green onions thinly
- Pour 2 tablespoons of shallot oil over green onions and place in the microwave for 30 seconds until soft.
- Pile all vegetable ingredients, peanuts, shallot fries, green onion, pork, and shrimp over cooked vermicelli noodles. Pour amber vinegar over bowl right before eating.