It amazes me how deviled eggs take such simple ingredients, can be made a day in advance, and always deliver a visually impressive presentation. This recipe adds a Wei Pantry slant to the simple classic, replacing fresh shallots with Shallot Oil and Shallot Crisps, and hot sauce with Amber Vinegar.
(Serves 6-8 people as a side dish or appetizer)
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Wei Kitchen Amber Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Wei Kitchen Shallot Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of stone ground mustard, we used Classic Mustard & Co.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Ground pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of Wei Pantry Shallot Crisps for garnish
- Paprika for garnish
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half & place their cooked yolks into a separate bowl.
- Add all ingredients, except Shallot Crisps and Paprika, to egg yolks and stir together. You can use a food processor to make the consistency extra smooth.
- Add egg yolk mixture into a piping tool and fill in egg whites.
- Garnish with Paprika and Wei Pantry Shallot Crisps.
Can be made up to 1 days in advance. Garnish with Shallot Crisps right before serving!